Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Review
Looking for high-performance, entry-level treadmill that can ease you into a daily fitness routine as you work your way up towards a healthier lifestyle? Do you need a workout machine for a small space that will not compromise on providing a good workout? The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 may just do the trick.
Set at a low-price point, this treadmill’s main feature is its space saving design, but it also meets most industry standards. It comes with a wide range of speeds and even some incline options, so it promises a good workout that is not too complex. Essentially, it is a basic treadmill without bells and whistles, just designed to start and sustain a strong exercise habit.
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Review
Technical Information and Features
- Motor: 2.25 CHP Mach Z
- Belt size: 50” x 16”
- Dimensions: 64.5” x 29” x 55.5”
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs
- Speed range: 1-10 MPH
- Incline: Two position manual incline
- Deck cushioning: Comfort Cell Cushioning
- Programs and applications: 6 profile programs
- Warranty: 1 year for motor; 90 days for parts; 90 days for labor.
- Extra Features
- Blue-Tinted LCD with Priority Display
- Easy Pulse Heart Rate Monitor
- A Simple But Functional Entry-Level Treadmill
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 runs on a 2.25 CHP Mach Z motor, which brings the machine up to speeds of 10 MPH. For more intense workouts, two incline positions are available to be set and adjusted manually.
The running belt on the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 measures only 15” x 50” in order to conform to its space saving declaration. Coupled with lightweight foldability, the small size makes this treadmill easy to fit into any room and store. However, the small running belt limits the strides of users of all sizes and is impossible to run on if you are tall. In addition, the rollers underneath this belt are known to cause noise-related issues at higher speeds.
With that being said, despite its littler size, this treadmill has an advertised weight limit of 250 lbs, while the user manual sets this figure at 275 lbs. The track is also fitted with Comfort Cell cushioning to reduce impact and absorb stress, so your joints go pain-free for longer.
There are minimal accompanying accessories with this treadmill. The main one is a blue-tinted LCD priority display console that tracks, shows, and shuffles between speed, time, distance and calories burned. You can also track your pulse by placing a thumb on the Easy Pulse sensor that has been fitted into the console.
In addition, the console has six built-in workout applications, divided into ones focused on weight loss and ones designed for intensity training. Each exercise plan was expertly created by a certified personal trainer, ensuring you get the most out of your workouts!
- The workout programs on the console have been designed by certified personal trainers who are experts in their field, which guarantees that you will see good results if you follow the programs they came up with.
- Space-saving features mean that this treadmill can really fit into any room regardless of size.
- This treadmill comes at a reasonable and affordable price, but with enough features to promise value for money.
- The treadmill is known to make a significant amount of noise, especially at higher speeds. This may be annoying to some, and may also be a sign of poor workmanship or design.
- The incredibly small running belt cannot be used by those above a certain height, and it may even limit the stride of shorter users as well. In addition, this means that it might not be possible to run on this treadmill at all.
- No extra accessories for convenience or entertainment are included with this treadmill, as it is simply a basic entry-level one with no bells or whistles.
Shipping And Handling
Not much information is disclosed regarding the shipping and handling of this product. Costs will vary depending on where you choose to purchase the treadmill from and how quickly you would like it to be delivered.
However, a majority of Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmills are sold via third party sellers on Amazon, which offer free shipping. They are also available at a number of general retail stores, many of which offer free regular, ground shipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How simple or complicated is assembly?
Assembly of this treadmill is fairly straightforward and will only take around 30 minutes. The treadmill comes with all the screws it needs as well as two L wrenches. It is worth noting that you will require a Philips screwdriver to complete assembly.
2. Can the treadmill be plugged directly into an electrical outlet?
Yes. However, the user manual that comes with the treadmill does suggest that you use a surge protector.
3. Does the low price affect the quality of the materials used?
Simply put, in order for the product to be more affordable, the materials used are, naturally, more inexpensive. Despite the cheaper materials, you can have confidence in the build of this treadmill as it is manufactured by Icon Health and Fitness, which is known for its excellent engineering. With that being said, experienced treadmill users may notice that in some areas – like in the motor – the cheaper build results in faster wear and tear. But with regular maintenance and tightening, the treadmill will hold up just fine.
This treadmill is one of the bestselling within its price point, and even on the market, and it has received countless excellent reviews. Its low cost but high performance promises a good series of workouts and make it a top choice for many beginners to the fitness world.
This treadmill is not meant for highly experienced runners, or for those who are aiming to broaden already knowledgeable workout horizons. It also definitely is not meant for tall users with long stride lengths. But overall, this treadmill cannot lose, as it is an easy-to-use, simple, and highly functional treadmill that will fit easily into any corner of your home and help up your fitness game. I hope you've found my Weslo Cadence G 5.9 review to be helpful. Contact me if you would like another product reviewed.