ProForm Performance 300 Review
Are you in search of a low-cost, entry-level treadmill that is not stingy when it comes to features? The Proform Performance 300 treadmill might just offer what you are looking for. This treadmill is extremely budget-friendly piece of exercise equipment offers good value for money with a good amount of features and a number of impressive additions that make it perfect for anyone who wants to start exercising at a light but effective rate. It is primarily good for walking and jogging.
Overall, this treadmill is not designed for heavy exercise, but it makes a good entry-level treadmill and has enough fitness enabling settings and features to allow you to get more than just a basic workout.
ProForm Performance 300 Review
Technical Information and Features
- Motor: 2.75 CHP Mach Z Motor
- Belt size: 18” x 50”
- Dimensions: 70” x 33” x 53”
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs
- Speed range: 0-10 MPH
- Incline: 0-10%
- Deck cushioning: ProShox Cushioning
- Programs and applications: 16
- Warranty: 5 years for frame; 5 years for motor; 90 days for parts; 90 days for labor.
- Extra Features
- LCD Console
- EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Monitor
- Sound system with iPod and MP3 compatibility
- CoolAireTM workout fan
- A Functional, Lightweight Treadmill With Great Features
Run on a 2.75 CHP Mach Z motor, this treadmill runs on speeds up to 10 MPH while also supporting weights of up to 300 lbs, placing it neatly within the industry standard. The Proform Performance 300 also has inclines of up to 10%.
Both speed and incline settings are adjustable via quick-adjust buttons so that you can easily switch modes with just one touch. In addition, this treadmill is designed to reduce stress on the joints thanks to advanced ProShox Cushioning that adds comfort and relieves the pressure placed on the body during workouts. It’s also meant to space-saving, and as a result, the running belt is merely 18” x 50”.
This could make running difficult, and it may be difficult to use the treadmill if you are tall. However, as an introductory, budget treadmill, it does the trick. Foldability also makes this treadmill easy to put away and store, and its lightweight build make it effortless to move around.
In order to record your progress and display it to you, the Proform Performance 300 treadmill is fitted with an LCD console. This display provides you with time, distance, speed, calories burned, and heart rate, the latter of which is tracks via a convenient EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Monitor located in the handlebars of the machine. No chest strap is included.
The console also contains 16 exercise programs to choose from that are designed to give you a more effective workout. On top of that, the treadmill is fitted with extra features, including an iPod and MP3 player-compatible sound system equipped with two speakers for entertainment. The treadmill also has a CoolAireTM workout fan to keep you cool during exercise sessions.
- The automatic incline function and the fact that both the speed and incline are controlled by quick-change buttons are relatively rare in a budget treadmill. It also allows for more convenience during workouts.
- The Space Saver design of the treadmill means it can fit even in small spaces and homes. The foldability and lightweight build also add onto how easy this treadmill is to store and put away.
- 16 workout programs are built into the treadmill, which is a good number for a machine at this price.
- This treadmill is affordable and one of the lower-priced in the market, and despite that, it offers good features.
- The heart rate monitor is not very accurate due to the lack of chest strap.
- The extremely small track size of 18” x 50” makes it impossible to run on this treadmill, and it may be unusable for taller users altogether.
- The motor on this treadmill has a bad reputation and it is known to be quite noisy, so if you are looking for a discreet, silent workout, you will not find it here.
- The warranty is quite limited and short.
Shipping And Handling
Not much information is disclosed regarding the shipping and handling of this product. However, a majority of Proform Performance 300 treadmills are sold via third party sellers on Amazon, which offer free shipping. They are also available at a number of general retail stores, such as Walmart, many of which offer free regular, ground shipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How simple is the assembly of this treadmill?
The assembly process is fairly straightforward, with all the necessary parts arriving in shrink wrapped and properly numbered so that you can easily follow instructions. Some wires and screws need to be put into place, and assembly may be easier with a helper. However, the bottom line is that assembly is not very difficult and can be done alone without too much trouble.
2. Is the treadmill’s sound system compatible with mobile phones?
Yes. You can essentially play music from any mobile device. However, sound quality varies depending on what device you use, and the treadmill is known to not do very well with phones.
3. Is the product iFit compatible?
Yes. However, for some reason, this is not often advertised as a feature with the treadmill. But customers have reported being able to link data from the treadmill’s console with iFit.
The Proform Performance 300 is a reasonably priced treadmill that offers decent features. Naturally, there are some drawbacks that come from such a budget machine, but the warranty offers enough coverage to deem the treadmill worth a shot. With that being said, if you are looking for a treadmill for a powerful workout, or if you want a silent and discreet exercise session, this is not the product for you.
This treadmill is great as an entry-level machine that can get you started on your fitness journey, and its exercise programs, incline settings, and speed setting means that it offers value for money that is difficult to beat. So if that is what you are in search of, why not give it a shot? I hope you liked my ProForm Performance 300 review. If you'd like to see another reviev feel free to send me a message.