The Texas-born singer, actress, business mogul and philanthropist has had a long-running battle with her weight especially surrounded by her pregnancies.
In her early 20’s the pop star rocked sexy slender beach body with her metabolism being over the roof. With age, Jessica has had to be more conscious of her diet.
America has surely seen her move from one end of the scale to the other and during an interview with USA Today Jessica opened up about how much the media frustrated her.
“It does get old having people harping on how much you weigh or your body after pregnancy” said Simpson.
“People are going to pick me apart no matter what I do. I’m always going to have critics.”
The mother of two said that she is working towards becoming the best version of herself. It is reported that she has since lost approximately 60 lbs in just under 6 months after embarking on a healthy eating plan along with a incorporating an highly effective workout plan laid out for her by her trainer.
The 37-year old Dukes of Hazzard star says that she couldn’t wait to get back her slim figure. So she was prepared to put in the hard work not only for her own sake, but for the sake of her family so that she can be a healthy mother to her kids and drop-dead gorgeous wife to ex-NFL star Eric Johnson.
In this article, we go behind the scenes to show you the tips and tricks that Jessica used to bring her sexy back!
- Height: 5’3” | 1.61m
- Weight: 57 kg | 126 lbs
- DOB: July 10, 1980
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Net Worth: $150 Million
Jessica embarked on her diet plan almost immediately after giving birth to her babies Maxwell and Ace. Her meal plan was based on her weight watchers diet.
In the beginning, Jessica had to cut down on unhealthy eating habits which she admits was harder than she thought. Whole grain bread, brownies, gluten-laden foods and processed sugars found in caffeinated and carbonated drinks were the first to go.
She also reduced her carbohydrate intake to avoid that artificial burst of energy which would sooner rather than later have her feeling hungrier again.
One of her favourite dishes – mac and cheese- also had to go if she wanted to maintain a healthy lifestyle. They were replaced by the below foods:
- Fruits and vegetable smoothies – It was made from fresh bananas, strawberries, red apples, almonds, cinnamon and non-fat milk/yoghurt
- Egg whites omelettes (which are low in calories), chick peas, chicken breasts, grilled salmon and smoked skewers.
Celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak did an amazing job towards Jessica’s transformation just as she did with Megan Fox and Jenifer Hudson.
First thing that Harley recommended for Jessica was to increase her activity to help boost her metabolism. Yoga was a great addition to her weekly routine as it helped her relax and meditate in a bid to renew her energies considering how much work she does every day.
She would work out five days a week for about 30-45 minutes; three days with Harley and two days doing cardio on her own.
However each gym session would begin with a light cardio session for 10-15 minutes to get the heart rate up followed by the routine below.
- Treadmill – A five minute brisk walk on the treadmill
- High knee sprinting – One minute of intense reps
- Butt kicks –Two sets of 10 reps per leg
- Jump rope – Five sets of two minutes each. 30 seconds rest.
Upper body training
- Bench press – Four sets of 10 reps with 60 seconds minute rest
- Bent over row – Four sets of 10 reps with 60 seconds minute rest
- Lateral pull-downs – Five sets of 8 reps each. 60 seconds minute rest
- Dead-lifts – Two sets of 5 reps each. 60 seconds minute rest
- Barbell curls – Four sets of 10 reps. 60 seconds minute rest
- Triceps push-downs – Four sets of 10 reps. 60 seconds minute rest
- Shoulder press- Four sets of 10 reps. 60 seconds minute rest
- Hammer curls- Four sets of 10 reps for each hand. 60 seconds minute rest
Lower body training
- Squats – Four sets of 10 sets
- Dumbbell walking lunges – Three sets of 8 sets per leg.
- Sumo squats – Three sets of 5 using a moderately heavy dumbbell
- Leg press – Four sets of ten reps per leg
- Dumbbell step up- Ten sets of 10 reps per leg. 90 second rest between sets.
- Jumping split lunges – Three sets of five reps
- Halo deadlift- Two sets of 8 reps
- Elbow plank row – Three sets of 60 seconds each. 30 seconds rest
- Mountain climbers – Three sets of 60 seconds each. 30 seconds rest
- Plank – Three sets of 60 seconds each. 30 seconds rest
Jessica has pretty much been through it all. From starting off as a gospel musician, to parting ways with Columbia records and eventually going through divorce where kids were involved.
Her journey to fame was not an easy one but she was resilient and this is the reason why she eventually made it. It is pretty tough to maintain a healthy work/ personal life balance especially when the paparazzi are always up in your space.
The unwanted media attention did not help alleviate her struggle but she found it within herself (with the help of her husband) to lose the excess weight.
Appearing on a Weight Watchers advert, Jessica personally admitted that she did feel quite a bit of pressure to lose weight, but deep inside she knew that her goal was not to be a supermodel, but to just adopt a healthy lifestyle that would ensure she is the best mother she could be to her children.
The reality T.V star has confirmed that she is increasingly getting happier with her life considering the adjustments that she has recently made. We certainly wish her the best as she continues to pursue greater heights in her musical, acting and fashion career.