If you’re in the market for a treadmill, a stepper, or an elliptical, but are having trouble choosing between the three, then the Bowflex Treadclimber is just what you have been looking for. Each of those individual pieces of exercise equipment has its own unique benefits and core exercises that make them great.
The Bowflex Treadclimber is able to combine all three into one easy-to-use home fitness machine. Below you will find a breakdown of how the machine works, its advantages, its drawbacks, and a comparison chart for three popular models.
Each model targeting a different level of fitness to meet your goals and expectations for your home gym.
How The Treadclimber Works
The machine utilizes two independent treads that move in an upward and downward motion as you walk on them. The speed of the treads is controlled by the device however the stepper motion is controlled entirely by your stride.
This allows you to maintain a level of user control that promotes stability combined with a level of machine control to keep speed and momentum. The two movements together create the low-impact motion of an elliptical.
Each of the individual workouts focuses on a different area of overall fitness. The traditional treadmill is a great way to burn calories and improve your cardiovascular health.
Utilizing a stepper can really increase your muscle strength and improve the muscle tone of your lower body.. The success of the elliptical machine comes from its ability to boost your cardiovascular health without the stress on your joints that comes from a treadmill.
The Bowflex Treadclimber combines all those motions and exercises into one machine that anyone can use.
- Low Impact: The stress that you put on your joints when you run outdoors or use a treadmill can create lifelong injuries. The elliptical motion of the treadclimber drastically reduces that stress and lowers your chance of injury. This will allow you to work out longer or more often without feeling the pain in your knees or shins that are associated with running.
- Cardiovascular Training: Improving your cardiovascular health is essential in protecting yourself from heart disease, one of the main causes of death in this country. Good cardiovascular health can also increase your energy level, improve bone density, increase your metabolism, and reduce back pain.
- Ease of Use: The treadclimber is surprisingly easy to use considering it combines the movements from three separate machines. You will always feel in control and find the its controls easy to operate. It can support up to 300 pounds and its resistance can be adjusted to accommodate any fitness level.
- Size: While it is compact and has rollaway wheels the design does not allow it to fold up so it does take up a decent amount of space. If you have a dedicated gym, or the space to accommodate it, it is worth every inch.
- No Running: Although it works like a treadmill, the one thing it can’t do that a treadmill can is allow you to run. The speeds top out at four miles per hour which might seem a little slow to some users.
- Price: It may be cheaper than purchasing three different pieces of equipment, but its price is still on the higher end for any one piece. Considering the impact it has on your overall health, and its design, which makes three other machines seem obsolete, it justifies its slightly higher price tag.
The below chart will breakdown the key differences between three popular Bowflex Treadclimbers. This information will allow you to make an informed decision and decide which features are important to you.
|Max user Weights||300||300||300|
|Number of Users||1||1||1|
|Heart Rate Strap||X|
Bowflex has produced treadclimbers since 2003 and their technology and quality can not be matched by any competitor. Each model may differ when it comes to features but what they all have in common is the backing of the Bowflex brand which will bring you great quality and results.
Although the treadclimber has a lower max speed than a treadmill it’s independent treads have been proven to increase your heart rate and burn more calories than a traditional treadmill.
No matter where you look or who you ask, you will find that the Bowflex Treadclimber is widely viewed as being one of the best pieces of home fitness equipment you can buy.