Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Review – Worth The Money?
Are you on the lookout for a high-quality treadmill with plenty of functions that caters to your specific exercise needs without breaking the bank? If so, then you may want to consider the Gold’s Gym Trainer 720. This treadmill is well suited for all intensities of exercise, from walking to running. It has all the features that you would expect and want from a home treadmill within this price range and is a bestseller from the company.
Although advertised as an entry level treadmill, a wide variety of settings and options makes this one that can be used by almost anyone, regardless of their fitness level and the kind of training they may want to do. It is also designed so as to not take up too much room, and can be used in houses with minimal free space.
Treadmill Gold's Gym Trainer 720 Review – Worth The Money?
Technical Information and Features
- Motor: 2.6 CHP G-Force 2 commercial motor
- Belt size: 55” x 20”
- Dimensions: 73” x 36” x 56”
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs
- Speed range: 0-10 MPH
- Resistance settings: 10
- Incline: 0-10%
- Programs and applications: 18
- Deck cushioning: 2-cell AirStride cushioning
- Warranty: Lifetime for frame; 25 years for motor; 1 year for parts; 1 year for labor.
- Extra Features
- Multi-function LED display
- PowerPulse heart rate monitor
- Sound system
- CoolAire fan
- Tablet holder
- Two accessory holders
A Top-Of-The-Line Piece Of Home Workout Equipment
The Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 runs on a powerful G-Force 2 motor that rates at 2.6 HP, promising a silent, smooth run. It has a wide array of settings, with speeds ranging from 1-10MPH, 10 resistance levels, and incline functions that go up to 10%. The treadmill holds up to 300 lbs of weight, offering good support for heavier users.
The treadmill’s belt measures 55” x 20”, making it a relative compact product for small spaces but also providing more than enough room for a good workout. It is also foldable by way of patented SpaceSaver technology so that it can be kept after an exercise session.
The running belt is also fitted with an AirStride Plus Cushioning system to reduce stress on your joints while you use the treadmill, providing added support.
The treadmill is fitted with a minimalistic, multi-window LED display console that is blue-tinted and has no back lighting. This console displays distance, speed, calories burnt, and heart rate, the latter of which can be recorded via the PowerPulse heart rate monitor embedded in the hand grips of the treadmill. The console also contains 18 built-in workout programs that you can choose from in order to maximize the results from each session.
As you work out, a CoolAire fan built into the treadmill will keep your temperature down and allow you to feel fresher longer.
You can also listen to your favorite music as you exercise, as the treadmill has a sound system compatible with most MP3 players and Apple iPods. It also has two large cup or accessory holders, and a rack meant to hold tablets, magazines, or other forms of entertainment.
- The wide range of speed, resistance, and incline settings makes for versatile workout options that make the treadmill accessible for everyone, despite being advertised as an entry-level treadmill.
- QuickSelect keys allow you to change inclines, resistance, and speed with just the touch of a button.
- The deck cushioning provided allows for more comfortable workouts with less risk of joint and muscle fatigue developing too quickly as it removes stress from problem areas.
- The eighteen programs provide plenty of options for different kinds of workouts.
- The treadmill runs smoothly and quietly, promising a discreet and stress-free workout.
- The long warranty periods are exceptional for a product within this price range.
- The accuracy of the pulse monitors is questionable as there is no accompanying chest strap to ensure that the hand grips are collecting the right information.
- Despite the wide variety of workout applications, there are no customizable ones or user profiles available.
- The machine is very heavy, and despite the straightforward assembly process, may require two people to manage and set up.
- The running area is smaller than the industry standard and may be cramped for taller or larger users.
Shipping and Handling
Not much information is disclosed regarding the shipping and handling of this product. However, a majority of Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 treadmills are sold via third party sellers on Amazon, which offer free shipping. They are also available at a number of general retail stores, such as Walmart, many of which offer free regular, ground shipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what increments do the speeds increase?
The speed on this treadmill can be changed in two different ways. You can opt to select the buttons on the console labelled with numbers from one to ten to directly select a whole numbered speed, or you can use the +/- buttons, which alter the speed in .1 MPH increments.
2. Is the assembly process simple?
For the most part, yes. All the necessary tools for assembly are included with the treadmill. However, the job may be done faster if you have better tools on hand in your home. The treadmill is also quite heavy, so depending on where it has to be placed and how you want to set it up, the assembly job may require two people.
3. What sort of applications or programs are offered?
The programs are divided into categories depending on your goals. These categories include calories, intensity, and inclines. Simply select the category you are interested in and then scroll through the available options, then press start when you see one that you would like to use.
All these programs are meant to offer a full workout and go through warm up, peak, and cool-down stages, with all of them offering different inclines, times, distances, and calorie goals.
Within its price range, this treadmill is certainly a reasonable buy with great value, offering usability and plenty of options for a wide variety of potential users. While it is by no means one of the top selling in the entire market, it is a reliable and versatile option that can be great regardless of your fitness level.
As an added boost to buyer security, the warranties that come with the treadmill are an indication that Gold’s is confident in its ability to produce durable, strong, and high-quality products. If your aim is to find a treadmill that has it all without costing an arm and a leg, then this may be the one for you!